Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday at 3 AM

I am blogging live at the halftime show from my friend Darren’s house. We are watching the Super Bowl and its 4:15 am. There is a house full of about 15 people. Its primarily a bunch of Americans including Lamond and Pat. I have to watch when I go the the bathroom or get food. I don’t want to miss any commercials so I’m going during the game. The commercials are really the best part for me even though I love the game. I was really planning ahead for this. After I got home tonight, I talked to Jennifer then took a couple of Tylenol PM’s and was out by 9:00 PM. So I got in a five hour sleep. So tomorrow I shouldn’t be too wiped out. I was hoping for a blow out so I could leave a little early and get another hour or so nap. But if I don’t get it, I’ll still be able to function. I have a lot of work I need to do before Jennifer gets here at the end of the week. I was supposed to be editing the Palm Association video all week, but Im having technical difficulties on one project. So that is really frustrating me. This is the History of Seaports project which I thought was completed months ago. They had the grand opening of the port which King attended. So the project was over, signed off, paid for absolutely complete. So I deleted the project files. Yet as soon as I did, they called back and wanted an English version of the project. So I had to completely rebuild it. Everything was supposed to work perfectly, but there is unknown glitch that I can’t seem to figure out how to fix. I don’t have a lot time this week to get everything done. Jennifer is having a rough week too. It seems like everything bad it happening all at once. There is a lot of pressure on both of us right now. I think this is the darkest before the dawn part. We are so excited about seeing each other in five days, but to get there, it just seems like a giant chasm that is separating us, and its not just the Atlantic ocean. We both have so much to do. We will get everything done (by faith) that way when she gets here, we’ll both just be able to collapse, but we’ll be together when that happens…so the adrenalin will most likely kick in. What an incredibly momentous occasion that will be for both us. Yes that first meeting will be amazing. But we both agree that seeing each other won’t change how se feel each other. It will just confirm everything that we both feel.

I am big “The Who” fan. Is that correct grammar? But they have no business performing at the half-time show. How old are those guys anyways? There just comes a time when you have to hang it up.

You know what, its hard to concentrate on the blog tonight. I thought it would be cool, like I’m reporting live, on location type. For a party of 15 people there isn’t a lot of interaction going on. The game is pretty close, so maybe that’s why its not conducive to a lot of conversation. So I’ll sign off early. I think Im pulling for the Saints to win, since I saw a video of Drew Brees professing his Christianity. I always pull for people that take a stand for their faith. You see people standing up for the faith all the time in sports because people are judged perception wise how they perform on the field/court/arena. That goes both good and bad. Yet in Hollywood, seldom do you see Christians stand up to profess their faith. That always really disturbed me. Perhaps if they do “come out” because of their faith, they are afraid that the perception of them in the public will change. When you are a Hollywood star, perception is everything. But I wonder where faith factors into that? OK…the Saints just kicked a field goal to cut the deficit to one.

They just showed a great Google commercial about a guy in an internet relationship that meets a girl over the net. It was quite effective and sentimental. After the commercial everything was quiet and I piped in…”Oh those internet relationships never work.” Everyone turned to look at me incredulously until they saw the smile on my face. They knew I was kidding, so it was good for a laugh.

OK…it’s the fourth quarter of a one point game…Im out.

No comments: