Thursday, February 4, 2010

Different Vibes

What a very cool day it was for me. There is so much uncertainty professionally for me right now. But Im not worried one bit. There is so much confidence inside of me, not because of my own ability. Its not because who I am, but rather its because of Who’s I am as Lakewood church puts it. It is such an incredible advantage to have God in your corner. I have such an extreme confidence, almost a sense of invincibility in knowing that whatever path that God leads me down, will be the absolute right one. Now that doesn’t mean Im going to step in front of a bus professionally or emotionally speaking to tempt him. Rather it’s a testimony to my faith being sky high right now. God has seen me through so many tight spots before. In the bigger picture this is nothing. In times past, I might have been worried, but now I feel like Im walking in big giant “no-lose” situation. Im so excited about the future. I really feel like the windows of heaven are about to burst open with blessings. Im a very fortunate guy.

I got a lot done at work today. I really am so much more fulfilled when I have a lot to do. One thing Im not good at, and never have been is looking busy. So if there isn’t a lot to do, I don’t hide it very well. One of the problems/blessings that I have is that I’m very fast. So I get projects done quickly then I have more time on my hands. So the day wound up good at work and the night has been fantastic. First off I played Darren at Squash. Darren was off in the UK so I hadn’t played him for a couple of weeks. He’s really becoming one of my best friends here. I have a lot of really great great friends. Im absolutely blessed. Darren took the first three games and I was really frustrated. I had so much energy, but he just kept beating me. Then we took a break and I won the next three matches. I think he ran out of gas. But that works for me. Before he would “out-fitness” me. Now I’ve been really exercising a lot. I am trying to look my best for Jenni when she comes out. I guess its all about the first physical impression. At this time next week we’ll get together. It really was love at first sight for both us. I think we’ll know the moment we look into each other’s eyes whether or not we’ll spend the rest of our lives together. It will be instantaneous. That is pretty exciting for a first meeting. I have it all played out in my head. This blog should be pretty interesting for the next couple of months.

After squash I went out with Lamond to a club. I like inviting him out to parties and introducing him to my friends. He knew quite a few people there already. The place was packed. It was a cool realization that I had many many many friends there. Probably a group of five different bunches of friends. It dawned on me. Im quite popular. How did this happen. I never set out to be popular nor is it that important to me. Being in the “In” crowd never really appealed. Back in college when I was the “big man” on campus my Junior year (I was student government president) I always eschewed the cliques instead I tried to use my popularity to befriend the people that were sitting alone in the cafeteria. The caf was always the place for social activity at Evangel. So I made a lot of friends with the unpopular folks. It was a good feeling. Tonight was a costume party, though I didn’t wear a costume. It was a school theme, which was kind of funny to see all my friends dressed up. I spoke with Jenni about this, but this was weird for me. Now that Im taken…it seems like all the girls are more interested in me. I guess the desperation vibe is gone now. There were so many pretty girls there tonight too, but I wasn’t interested in any of them. I already found what Im looking for so why tempt myself. I don’t want to screw this up. So I politely left the party early. I came back to talk to Jenni and get to bed earlier. Im going to try to make it into church tomorrow. So it was a really good day. Please continue to pray for the reconciliation of my relationship with my kids.

No comments: