Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's all in the details

It was December 2008 I believe or somewhere around that date. I blogged about it. I had a few people even comment (AJB among others) to ask me what it was. I had just met Reji and we hit it off immediately. Which is rather strange since English is not his strong suit. Im constantly having to ask him to repeat himself. He doesn’t really open his lips when he talks. That said…His English is much better than my Hindi. So Reji had a connection because he used to read John Osteen’s books (Joel’s father) in fact he like John much better than Joel. When we found out that we were both believers with a connection with Osteen, we both became very excited. How does this happen half-way across the world? Well it happens with God and divine connections. So Reji felt like he had a word from God. He told it to me and I got really angry. He told me that I’d be reconciled with my family. I was finally over my emotional pain and now he told me that I’d be reconciled? I didn’t want to shoot the messenger, but I did take him with a grain of salt. I just didn’t see how it would be possible. But as time passed and I kept that date of December 2009 in my head, I started greatly anticipating it. I knew that something big was going to happen in December 2009, maybe not the reconciliation that I had prayed fervently for, but something big. That six weeks of Hell that God forewarned me about in September precluded that December month. Maybe the enemy knew what was up and tried to derail me, but that hope that it would pass really helped to keep me motivated to persevere through the crap. So December happened and I realized there was no way that I’d be reconciled with my family. In fact the division was/is bigger than its ever been. Instead, my life did change in December 2009 as that is when I started corresponding with Jenni. So Reji was right in hearing from God and sharing it with me. He just might not have gotten some of the precise details right. Instead of being reconciled with my family, I was introduced to a new family with Jennifer. That is what God meant when he told Reji. I needed this hope to keep me going through the hard times. It was like looking at the finish line or seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I kept trudging on knowing that God would take care of me. He did once again. It was just not the way that I had expected. That has happened to me before as well. When God would speak into my life about specific things the general thing would usually happen with some of the details being a little different. I think that is what happened with Reji and probably happens with a lot of us that hear God’s voice. I think as we grow in our faith and reliance upon hearing God’s voice we become more discerning. This is not to say anything bad about Reji. But maybe the details needed to be obscured. If I knew that I’d meet the girl I was going to marry in December I would have lived my life a bit differently. God still wanted me to seek him. The Big Picture is that God always takes care of the details whether or not we realize it at the time. I so often speak into other people’s lives (word of knowledge) as to what God would want them to hear. Its nice for a change to have someone speak into my life to give me hope. Even if some of the details turned out to be different.

I posted a video that my videographer Nishad had edited together about my engagement and first time meeting with Jennifer. I thought you might like to see it. You can view it either here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsGigrwnXAM or on my facebook (which has more pictures) http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=357278992138&ref=mf

If you are not my friend on facebook, please feel free to add me.

No comments: