Tuesday, February 9, 2010

JFK closed, Jenni's flight in jeopardy

What a frustrating up and down day. I got real excited to go into work today. I really like having a project to work on. I should say I like it when the project works and this one is working. It makes the whole process a lot of fun. We had a very important meeting today. I think it went very well. Its hard to sell these personal video biographies here. But I think we sold one, when I mean we, I mean Tanya. This could be a very big one too. Once we get one like this in the can, then others will see it and then hopefully the projects will sell themselves.

I got back to the office and edited the rest of the day that was kind of fun, then it was off to play the Finn, Annti, in squash. While Darren and I are evenly matched, Annti kicks my butt every single time we play. I do make it competitive every once in awhile, but this guy is really good. Squash is great exercise. If I can win every once in awhile, that is a bonus.

I was heading back to the apartment when things went a little haywire. All the flights out of JFK were cancelled because of the snowstorm. So Jenni was a little concerned. I told her not to worry and I would take care of everything. Well…I wasn’t able to take care of everything, but I tried. First of all I tried to change it online, but that didn’t work. Then I called British Airways and was on hold for 30 minutes, but I thought if I’d call the UK # it might be faster. I used skype so a call to the UK and the US is about the same. So I put the US call on hold and dialed the UK #, the UK # said it wasn’t taking calls because their lines were busy and to try back later. I tried to go back to the US # that was on hold and it cut me off. So then I called the US # again and was on hold for 90 minutes. Jennifer kept IM’ing me wanting the updates. Finally they get on the phone and we were trying to figure out alternate ways for Jennifer to get here. BA’s solution was to come later. But that didn’t sit well…with either of us. We’d really like her to be here for the Palm association ball. So they tried to move her to fly out of Chicago but she didn’t want to fly anywhere north because of the weather. So we had to rebook. So we rebooked through Boston. Then Jenni, said not Boston. So I had the operator, then try Atlanta, Miami, no and no. Then I said try Dallas. Keep in mind each time we tried a new city it took about five minutes to check availability. So she found a flight to Dallas, then Jennifer said Not Dallas, Boston is ok. So I booked it through Boston. She was reading me back the confirmation when Jenni, said, no not Boston do Dallas. I told the operator, you’re not going to believe this, but I need to go through Dallas. She answered incredulously. Are you serious? Are you pulling my leg? I said no. Then about 5 minutes later she said Dallas was not available for the type of fare that we were on. Well..can I pay the additional money? No, Boston is your only option. I said…OK…I’ll have to call you back. So after 75 minutes on the phone in addition to 45 minutes on hold. We are back at square one. So now…Jenni is on hold with British Airways as I type. Im not sure if she’ll be able to resolve anything. OK…she did a song and dance act with the BA agent, talked to a supervisor and got approval to fly through Dallas. I tried the same thing, but I guess she’s a better sweet talker than I am. So after five hours of us both doing the tag team re-route checking weather maps and flight schedules we got her on a plane. She’ll keep the same flight from London to Bahrain.

No comments: