Sunday, February 14, 2010

A most unexpected call

What a great couple of days it has been. I haven’t been writing as much because I haven’t had the free time. Right now Jennifer is making Lasagna for tomorrow’s night Small group. So I decided to get away for a bit. But the funny thing about Jennifer is she just can’t get away from me. As Im walking around the flat she just tends to follow wherever I go. I think its really cute. Its just indicative to how we can’t get enough of each other. Im really crazy about this girl. She’s perfect for me.

On Friday we went to church so she met all of my church friends. I have a lot of different grouping of friends here. As we were leaving I introduced her to Pastor Graeme. Once I told him that she was a statistician he got very excited. He had been looking for a statistician to study the church’s giving history to see if there are any trends so he can make the budget for the church for future years. It was a total divine connection. He needed someone and its like Jenni dropped out of the sky and went right to him. It was pretty neat. He also hooked us up with a pre-marital counseling program we can take online. So it was a win win. We then took Darren out to brunch at the Ritz Carlton. It was nice introducing Jenni to really my closest friend out here. Jennifer was really doing great with the whole jetlag thing being here less than 24 hours at the time. We were running on adrenalin. So we can back took a nap then we got dressed to go to the Palm Ball. Its really cool that our first official date was to a ball. Its so fairy tale like. In fact our whole relationship is fairy tale like. That is why I wanted the first words out of my mouth when I met her face to face was “Jenni will you marry me?” I know that hasn’t happened too many time in this world. I was nervous when I asked, but emboldened because God clearly directed me that she was the one for me. But I digress as always. I had a custom fitted cashmere Tuxedo and shirt made for the ball. I spent $300 on the tux. Im not sure if that was a good deal, but those in the know tell me that for a custom fitted cashmere tux it was a good deal. Jenni had a beautiful red dress. She just looked stunning. With apologies to the other ladies, she was the prettiest girl in the ball. This was the who’s who of Bahrain at this function. If you were an successful westerner or an ex-pat, most likely you were at this ball. It was really nice showcasing my new fiancé off. Its weird to refer to her as my fiancé especially since she was my girlfriend for so short of time. But as you know, God speaks to me and I’ve annotated it in this blog. I’ve learned that when God speaks, I listen most of the time now and do very little arguing. If God told me that Jennifer is the one that He wants me to marry, who am I to argue. He has been right 100% of the time so far. The only mis-steps I’ve taken is when I haven’t heard His voice correctly. So how do you discern if you are hearing God’s voice correctly? Discernment, practice, patience and failure are the keys. Whenever I’ve thought I’ve heard God’s voice in the past, and actually haven’t its usually because there is some sort of sin in my life. Sin creates interference with any frequency with God. God cannot exist with sin, so you are never going to hear God properly if there is sin in your life. So I have learned that that wrong voice sounds like, it could be the enemy’s voice and it could be my own. But suffice to say I’ve learned what the “wrong” voice sounds like and I’ve learned what the “right” voice sounds like. The “right” voice certainly told me that Jennifer is the one Im supposed to marry. I even told several of my closest friends the first weekend after I spoke with Jennifer that “I met the girl Im going to marry.” Most of them didn’t believe me especially after only knowing Jennifer for just a few days. Now those same people are starting to believe me. Yes, its impulsive, irrational, illogical, but its also of God which makes is rational and sensible in God’s eyes. Those eyes are the most important. Jennifer, I think is going to blog about the Ball, so I won’t go into details about that. But I was very proud to have her by me, especially when they showcased the video I created for them. I was very proud for Jennifer to see it the very first time the night of the ball. Its one of the better ones that I’ve made. If you would like to watch it, please feel free to go to my website: http://www.rickbeeman.com/Site/Movie.html

So I took Jennifer into work with me today to KSDi. She was able to bring her laptop, so she can work remotely while she is out here so she only has to take a few vacation days. I bought the staff lunch from their favorite Pizza Hut and KFC both for Valentine’s day and for Jenni’s arrival. While at work, I got a most unexpected call. It really made my day. It was from a reporter from the newspaper. I was speaking to the editor, Stan a friend of mine, at the ball and explaining how I asked Jennifer to marry me. He was so taken in by the tale, he wants to write a feature story about it. So the reporter and the photographer are coming by KSDi tomorrow to interview Jennifer and I. Im really touched by this, and darn excited that Jennifer can share it with me. Im a lucky guy.

No comments: