Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a bittersweet moment

The reality hit us both earlier today. We only have four days left together this time around. It was a strange feeling that swept over both of us. We were sitting a five star Indian restaurant and we started crying. It was bizarre, we are so in love with each other yet the reality of our lives were hitting home. We’re not sure when we’re going to see each other again. We are totally committed to each other and long to be with each other again, we just don’t know when it will be. Jenni has to finish her dissertation, get a new roof on her house, take care of her dogs, figure out a job situation and I need a bit more resolution on my career. So there is so much to figure out over the next couple of months. I think I heard God tell me the other day that everything would be resolved in two months. Im not sure if I heard him correctly but it gives me something to shoot for. So that would be around April 23. I can manage until April 23. Even though Jennifer and I will be separated for a short period it still will be nice to have some that cares for me so much to be out there waiting for me. That will be my emotional fuel that will keep me going.

Im really quite blown away by all the love and support I’ve gotten from my facebook friends. Not only did the news articles generate so many positive comments of goodwill, the engagement video I made of Jennifer and myself is having even more of an effect. Im quite proud of all the nice comments so many people are bestowing upon me. Tonight Jennifer and I walked down the souq. The souq is the Middle Eastern market in downtown. It has literally been around for thousands of years. As we were walking we happened by the tailor that made my tux for the Palm ball. Out walked Shabar the tailor. He congratulated us on our engagement. He told us he read about us in the Gulf Weekly. That was really cool to hear. It was nice walking down the souq. You really feel like you are in a foreign country that way.
Well…I’ll try to be better about writing in this blog come Sunday after Jennifer leaves ;o( I’ll have a whole lot more time on my hands unfortunately. But we both know that this distance is only a temporary thing. We both feel very blessed to have found each other in this unlikely manner. We are both convinced that God had a plan for us all along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sad with the trip time ending after being such an exciting , happy time of anticipation, smiles and so much joy. I pray that all the resolutions will quickly fall into place and life together can continue with everything the way it is supposed to be. (wipe tear)
Love you two.......peace and joy will follow you.....there are no accidents when God is in control. Jenni, we love you here in California....it's almost like we were there, talking and video chatting like we did......I want a new d-i-l......and you're it. I couldn't have chosen anyone better.....EVER.....Love is better the second time around.....Look how much you both learned about people, etc. after the first time. Now you're both grownups.......lovin you Hayward here