Sunday, August 16, 2009

Purpose behind the pain

I know I’ve been gripping a lot lately. So I did the only thing I knew to do in situations like this. “Seek God first…” Its amazing that really works. So I cried out to God…God this sucks, I don’t like it, not one bit, but I know you have a plan, so teach what you are supposed to teach and help me endure. You see God doesn’t always answer the prayer in the manner we want, but he does give us the strength to accept whatever answer he may give us. I think this past weekend was all about driving me to my knees to really seek him. You know what it worked. Today was a much better day.

I reconnected with an old cyber friend I haven’t chatted with in awhile. Its cool, because the Holy Spirit gave me the exact words for her. Its so incredible to be used of God to help out another that is in distress. Because logic tells you, if he cares enough to use you to help someone else, don’t you think he’s going to take care of my problems as well? It was also neat that while I was chatting with her, I completed a proposal, fixed the budgets for three options, created an overview sheet and price list, and submitted it before the deadline…by three minutes. But they still got it. I really felt an anointing today. Now anointing Im learning just doesn’t come when you are preaching, but I feel the Holy Spirit guide me in my professional life as well. It’s a great advantage professionally speaking. Like when we had our weekly staff meeting today…the words just kind of came. I really am becoming a great leader for this organization. Now this is not my doing, Im just a vessel and God is using me for his glory. The more my company grows, the more my influence grows. Im very fortunate.

Then I had another meeting with a potential freelance producer. This girl used to produce for ITN in London, that’s a big deal. Now she’s in Bahrain because her husband got transferred here. She is very sharp, but she doesn’t really need to work. She just wants something to do that is worthwhile. We started talking about a few months ago. Now the time is ripe for us to begin a few projects together. She believes in the vision of what we are trying to do, and she could conceivable become a big part of that. Its just another way of God’s divine appointments finding its way into my life. I can’t orchestrate all of this…im not that smart. But I continually find myself being in the right place at the right time. We got the DVD of footage from Bahrain TV today for example. It was 45 minutes of great archival footage. The man that gave it to me was so gracious as well. He assured me, that whatever else we may need of 140,000 hours of their footage, I was welcome to have. For Free!!!!! This kind of stuff would cost $40 per second in the U.S. with limited rights…Im getting it all for free, and he even offered me coffee when I was getting the footage. Now, its not like Im taking advantage, they are freely and willfully giving it, and Im quite honored. That is the true essence of Arab hospitality. The longer I’m here…the more beautiful these people are becoming in my eyes. You just have to know how to communicate on their level. If you are honest, kind and sincere…they will be too. But if you cross them…watch out. I hope I can make an effective vehicle to change the perception of Arabs in American eyes. I want the world to see this race of people like I see this race of people.

Another kind of neat divine appointment happened today. I was in Burger King eating lunch and grabbing a whopper. The clerk, who must have been from Ethiopia, or the Sudan, that brought me my food almost jumped back when she saw me. She said…is that a Bible? I said, why yes it is. She said you must be a Christian. I said I am, and I said you must be one too. So that opened the door to a small little dialogue. I invited her to my church, which was very close to where she worked. So you just never know…how a small little inconsequential thing like reading the Bible in a public place can open up doors of discussion. Come to think of it…its not that unusual. I can think of around 10 occurrences over the last few years where someone has commented on my Bible and that opened the door for a discussion about it. So maybe that needs to happen a little more everywhere. Where people bring their Bibles not just to church or Bible Study…but wherever they might go. “Preach the Gospel always…when necessary use words.” St. Francis of Assisi.

No comments: