Monday, August 17, 2009

A huge day

Another interesting day. I found out first thing that one of the two big contracts we were waiting on, we got. So that’s a huge blessing. Here I was worried about the financial health of the company and now we are having a historic month. Our bank balance was so dangerously low just a few weeks ago. I was really committing it to prayer, as that was the only thing I knew to do. I remember God spoke to me very clearly about two months ago. He said the company would get by, by the skin of their teeth to Ramadan, then when Ramadan would hit it would be crazy busy. Well…I didn’t expect it so soon…but it happened today. Today we just completed the first biggest contract in KSDi history, and delivered it today. When they issue the check in a few weeks that will be a huge windfall…Im midway through the second largest contract in company history, and I just booked, what I believe the third largest contract in company history. All this happened in the span of about an hour. A fourth big contract went out yesterday, and the firm was meeting with the client today. So here I thought Ramadan and the summer was going to be slow. Ha! God is a god of his word. Pretty much everything he has spoken into my life has come to pass. I use that as a ministry tool whenever possible. I believe that God speaks so specifically to me, so I can help other people hear His voice too. Some people, Christians included, just immediately reject this concept when I tell them this. I guess they think Im a nice guy with just a vivid imagination. Well I’ve been trying to use this blog as an accountability stick. I try to share the impressions God gives to me, then respond in the blog when God comes through. Its been pretty darn accurate thus far.

So I was a little bit overwhelmed at all the work that needs to get done. That is a very good thing. I met with a girl that used to produce in London yesterday about helping produce these, but I have to get approval from Nader at first. He doesn’t want to outsource anything and to do everything in house. Now this is a great dilemma to have, to be so busy you can’t possible get everything done. I want to make sure that we not only get it done, but we do a fantastic job in the process. I don’t know if I can do it all myself. I was dedicated to doing the one project, but to do two…and run the day to day operations of the company, and deliver by the Oct. 1 deadline for both projects. I’ll be stretched. I really have to talk him into this.

I had my dear friend Khaled, come in to do the narration for the first project. Its in Arabic. I’m going to be really challenged to direct and edit my first project entirely in Arabic. Its going to stretch me. It would be so handy if I were to learn the language. But the thought of all the work just seems so daunting. This will be an interesting experience indeed.

We had another positive living group today. It was a smaller group, just four. But it sure was dynamic. There were two Muslims and two Christians. We were so engrossed with our dinner conversation, we decided to skip the video. They were asking so many questions about how Christianity worked. I in turn answered with questions about how Islam worked. We both respect the other’s point of view. But one of the guys had a question about speaking in tongues. This guy is a real curious, and zealous guy. He wanted me to give him an example of speaking in tongues because he never heart it before. Just explaining it sounded like gibberish was not enough. So there was an awkward silence, I closed my eyes, and started praying in the spirit, very briefly. Maybe around 30 seconds or so. It was awkward at first but the group was so accepting and understanding of new ideas, that feeling went away quickly. After the prayer, He asked…can you teach me to pray that way. I was stumped. What do you say to a Muslim that asks that? I said, I could try but with the group that night, it wasn’t the most appropriate time. I’ll have to really pray about what to do next. This is a guy who is very sincere and seeking out truth anyway he can find it. I need guidance on this one. It’s all opening up a dialogue and I think that is very important.

No comments: