Monday, August 3, 2009

Meetings scheduled with the creatives

Its 10:30 and the guests just left. I would have to say that was one of the best Positive Living groups we’ve had. There was so much lively discussion. My new friend came, he was the Muslim that I mentioned I had lunch with on Saturday. I was concerned about his opinions of the group since he is devout Muslim. But he seemed to have a great time. We had the second biggest gathering at 10, we almost ran out of chairs, which is a great problem to have. But I don’t want to be about numbers. We discussed truth tonight. Im trusting the Holy Spirit to disseminate that truth as he sees fit. Everyone is really starting to like each other which is so weird. The group is so disparate. There are so many different religions, cultures, ages, genders, professions, socioeconomic status, beliefs. It’s a wonder if we have anything in common at all. I think if I had to pick one overriding factor is that we are all open to seek the truth whatever that truth may be. There is also a great amount of respect placed on other people’s beliefs. The groups are never combative nor negative. We appreciate each other’s point of view. We had three people new to the group that have never attended. I like that growth. They seemed to indicate that they liked it and plan on returning.

Today was a fun day for me at work. Since we got that big check in yesterday, I didn’t want to be concerned about the finances. So I did what I love to do, make movies. I edited together this music video of comedy night which Im very proud of. If you want to take a look at it, it can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3731300&op=1&view=all&subj=751722138&id=506930940#/video/video.php?v=140257862138&oid=87840463020

I do so like making movies. Speaking of which, Im trying to be aggressive. I have a meeting with Bahrain TV tomorrow to try to pitch turning “Funniest Person in Bahrain” into a television series for them. I think it lends itself well to television. I produced the music video so I could have something to show them. I’m also contemplating something along the lines of “Bahrain’s Got Talent” to rip off a concept of a concept someone else ripped off someone. I think that type of show would go over big in a small island community like we have. I had lunch with a guy from Al Jazeera Television. They are big over here. We are going to talk in the next few weeks about turning in proposals to their network. Im thinking big here because that is how Im supposed to think, I think.

So it was a good day. I was a blessing to others, got professional praise from a few colleagues, and did my part to change the world. I think that is enough.

No comments: