Saturday, August 15, 2009

The end of the weekend

It is a strange feeling nearing the end of your weekend and being glad its almost over. Its so backwards from the rest of normal society. I take solace in the fact that its partly because I love my work so much, but its also that Im just glad the alone times are over. I hope I don’t sound too pitiful whining about my being alone. My life is actually quite interesting. I really have been using the time to really seek out God. That’s what these periods are for I believe. I know God will see me through this, because He has saw me through everything thus far. I’m extremely confident that this period of solitude in my life in nearing an end. He has given me a date in my head, and thus far, every date he has given me has been 100% accurate. So its still just a matter of waiting on the Lord. I know I have a finish line, and I can see it up ahead. But still its like Im in mile#24 of a marathon. There are only 2.2 miles to go but Im tired, my legs are cramping up and 2.2 miles in the scheme of things seems short…but ever so excruciatingly far.

There is one good thing about running a marathon. Just one that I have found. Its when you get to the finish line and it is over. The sports massage is nice too. At the finish line they give you a medal and a t-shirt. That medal is something special because you worked so hard for it. I think Im going to be getting an emotional medal. You know I have to keep myself from looking around and complaining that life isn’t fair. I look to the left where people aren’t appearing to live their life right, yet they appear that they are being blessed, then I look to the right and it’s the same thing. It doesn’t seem very fair, but I just have to remember what happened to Christ wasn’t fair. If Paul exhorts us to be like Christ, then things being unfair is right up there. I just want the 2.2 miles to be over already.

I made it out today to play Mr. Finland some squash. He and I are really becoming friends. I really admire him and his wife. His wife went back to Finland for two months, he’ll be joining her soon. I still can’t believe they live in a house without running water. They love it. That seems so cool…but I don’t think I’d be able to make it. In the summertime in Finland there is sun 24 hours a day, just like in winter its night 24 hours a day.

I made it through season one of Prison Break. That’s one thing about watching the DVD’s, the cliff-hangers don’t have to be so suspenseful, because you can just watch the next episode without having to wait a week. Again I feel a little anti-social, just coming home to watch DVD series. So in about six months, I’ve watched all 5 seasons of LOST, two seasons of Heroes, and now one season of Prison Break. At least Im being entertained and not necessarily bored. I was almost bored today…but I had to convince myself…I wasn’t.

I guess I must be nearing the end of my season. It seems the enemy attacks when something good is just about to break. That’s the way its always been in my life. Something good is just about to break.

No comments: