Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wow...a regular day

OK,


I tried skipping for the night, and I couldn't.  Its nice to know that there is a little bit of an audience for this.  I hope im not letting you down.  One of my callings over here is to break down the mis-conceptions of the Middle East, and this is just the start.  I hope to continue to expand this.  So if you enjoy the blog, please let a friend know.  It would be nice to have a positive influence with as many as possible.  


It was such an amazing weekend, i feel a little let down for just a normal day lol.  But even the normal day was great.  I got to the office early, and the Jordanian sales guy, didn't show up.  So I guess he quit.  Several staffers asked if I was planning on calling him to convince him to come back to work umm.....no...   I don't need to coddle the employees.  He was still in his probationary period, and i was having to micro-manage him.  He was the only sales person so that's going to sting, but the productivity wasn't that great, there was none at all.  So we lost one employee and got another one back.  Simi, the office manager/receptionish returned from her two month vacation in India.  There was much rejoicing in the office because no one really liked doing her job.  So now i have to restructure the company.  One of the chief complaints from all the employees that i personally interviewed, was that there was no clear job description and they didn't know who their boss was.  I created a flow chart with the managerial tree.  I'm planning on going over it with them tomorrow.  I really enjoy being in management.  I love telling people what to do.  Its been such a long time since people listened to me.  I think im a good and fair boss.  i really take the time to listen to them and value their opinions.  We have so much potential here.  It feels like God has been preparing me for this exact position my entire life.  Its a shame that i have to bee here alone...but God has a plan, Im sure.  Im very happy, content and peaceful here.  i have had this much hope for a long long time.  


Please continue to pray for me an my family.  It seem like the enemy seems to focus on whoever is making a positive impact for God's kingdom.  i feel like there is a big target on my back.  I have to be careful.  My family, meaning my children are really hurting as well.  There are many details, that some of you know about, but most im uncomfortable in sharing.  Its just really ugly, unfortunate stuff.  Sometimes when I start to feel a little sorry for myself...i have to remember that life wasn't meant to be fair.  Our example is Jesus.  Life certainly wasn't fair for him...He was our great example.  But prayer and faithfulness help us make it through the unfair parts of life.  "This too shall pass..."  


I did have two really cool things happen today so i'll end this on a good note.  Im trying to establish the video division of KSDI.  We completed our first two videos today, and im extremely proud of them.  We didn't have a lot to work with...but we made it shine.  I'll try to post them when i get them uploaded.  

3 comments:

Jeff Crispi said...

Hey Rick,

Sounds like you're where you belong for now my friend.

If you miss managerial work, when you get back to the States you'll have a full-time assistant director position on the crew of Tuesday Nights, my web series. Robin C. is still on board. Evelyn H. is still very busy with church functions. Maybe I'll bother Evie too.

Keep us posted on US/Middle East relations. I am fascinated by the topic and willing to undertake a few projects involving such a topic when you return to the US. Unless of course you sign a lifetime movie deal in Bollywood.

Peace In The Middle East,
Crispi

Jeff Crispi said...

Is it possible to see more pictures of your adventure. As someone in the film industry, they are very engaging.

Crispi

Rick Beeman said...

Thank you Jeff. i appreciate the encouragement. i know im supposed to be here. It just feels right. I'll try to post more pics.

Congrats on the web series.