Monday, November 17, 2008

3 lefts makes somebody's right?...

If this is what it feels like to be right…I want to be wrong….

OK… yesterday was a really bad day. Yet, I still felt compelled to write about it. I apologize if I offended any of you. I try to bottle up the pain and sometimes it spills out. I’ve been told by many…keep a private journal, don’t make everything so public. Well…I’ve always considered myself to be pretty transparent. I think its part of my ministry. But for some…it rubs people the wrong way.

I prayed a lot about this last night and this morning. Im really a bit tormented by my situation. Sometimes, I just get fed up with the perception of life not being fair. I think I attribute that to being human, but that is a cop-out. But I know Christ called us to overcome the world…overcome the flesh, and sometimes, like last night I succumb and just complain. I was listening to a podcast from my home church in Livermore. It was about the parable of the vineyards. Where the workers at the beginning of the day got paid the same amount as the workers at the end of the day. The early workers got upset because they thought they should receive more than the workers that just labored for an hour. Christ told them, we had a deal, I paid you what I said I’d pay you. Why should you be upset with me being generous to the others? That sermon was so appropriate for me the timing was absolutely….God. God didn’t promise me that everything would be fair nor that people should treat me the way I think they should. Everytime I expect life to be fair, I get myself in trouble. This is a perfect example of that. So those of you, that came down on me, thanks… Thanks ever moreso for the prayers and support. A counselor once told me… you can choose to be right…or you can choose to be married. Now that you and your ex-wife are divorced…you can both be right. From first hand experience…it sucks being right…lol….

OK enough of that crap…onto changing the world. I had a great meeting with a guy by the name of Mo Loch. Mo is the young guy who put the awesome party together in Abu Dhabi. (I’ll have the video posted in about a week). Mo, has to be one of the most impressive people I know. He never went to university (he couldn’t afford it, as his parents aren’t wealthy.) yet in 8 years he built an impressive multinational corporation with 60 employees with multiple offices on every continent except Antartica, I think. That’s a continent right? He even has an apartment in the trendy Galleria part of Houston. It’s amazing what Mo has accomplished in such a short period of time…and he’s a dreamer, mover, and a shaker. And get this…he wants to change the world too. So…I meet with Nader, quite by happenstance (God) and Nader and I connect because he wants to change the world…enough so that he is willing to invest the cost of flying me over and infusing the company with enough capital to reinvent itself. And one of the first clients, I meet and work with, Mo, has the same exact vision that Nader and I have. Coincidence? I think not. We all want to break down the misconceptions the west has with the mid-East. The stereotype is the following: Everyone in the West thinks everyone in the east is a terrorist, while the East thinks everyone in the west is an infidel. Guess what…they both think they are right. And what does right get you besides a ticket out of a marriage? It gets you this political crisis, which in a indirect led to our economic crisis. We are right…you guys need democracy and we are right in showing you how to get your democracy and we are right in defending you. We are right in the west…and we’ll go down swinging with our military might to show you so.

Another thing about Mo..we were talking…he is very well connected socially as well…He has lots of friends and knows im not that well connected here yet. So he will introduce me around. He told me…there were a lot of people our age on the island. Our age? He’s equating me with his age…I’ll so take that as a compliment.

Upon further review, being right is overrated.

No comments: