Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Missing Jennifer

Its difficult right now. I really miss my wife. What makes it even worse is that she misses me too. We haven’t gone longer than 6 weeks without seeing each other, and we are at the six week mark now. Now, absence does indeed make the heart grow stronger. So the pain of our temporary isolation is soothed by the fact that is so nice to have someone out there in the world that loves and misses you. I just hate to see Jennifer in so much pain and really be helpless to do anything about it at this point in time.

The company we’re starting over here is really going well. We have added a cameraman and someone to help out in the edits. We were together all day at a production facility. He is from the UK and has a young one year old daughter (as opposed to an old one year old daughter). He asked what I did to handle the loneliness from missing the family. Well, I didn’t really have an answer for that. I have a secret weapon, well its not all that secret. But my faith is my greatest ally able to get me out of every situation. I really haven’t been talking much about the culture of the Middle East lately. That is what this blog started out to be. There just isn’t that much cultural differences between Dubai and Los Angeles. Emiratis only occupy 12% of Dubai and the rest is filled with expats. Plus I feel the Holy Spirit guiding me most of the time with this blog. So it has become more of a spiritual diary. Hopefully it has and will continue to bless people along the way.

Things are starting to get busy here. We have two projects that have been funded and approved. Hopefully these two projects will lead to even bigger projects down the road. But Im not worried about their success or failure. I have learned not to worry about most anything. If I want these to be successful, I will do my best, Seek God and let the chips fall where they may. That formula for success has been rock solid so far.

I am excited about this weekend. We are going on a location scout. That means we are going down to the desert with the 1000 foot high sand dunes. We are going to be checking out an oasis and really just going to all the cool places there are to go in this area. I really do love my work. Once I get my beautiful bride by my side, it will be even better.

I have to say a hearty congratulations to the Giants, even though I was rooting against them. Whenever I got into arguments with Giants fans about who is better, the A’s or the Giants, my comeback would always be, scoreboard, how many World Series have the Giants won? That always shut them up. I guess I can’t use that argument anymore. You see if you are in the Bay Area, and you are a true fan you either pick the East Bay (Oakland) teams or the other side (SF). I don’t think you can be a true fan of both. At least I wasn’t able to be.

No comments: