Monday, November 22, 2010

220 volt bulbs

It has been a very trying day. Actually it has been a really tough week. Im just filled with a deep deep sorrow today. I really miss my kids. Its tough because other than email I have no way of contacting them. I try to call, but my calls are not returned. I know they will see the truth of my heart someday, Im just not looking forward to the wait. What I can’t understand is that its been over four years since my divorce…why do they still harbor and teach so much animosity toward me over there? I have so much I can offer my children but Im just frustrated that I’ve been ostracized. I really miss being a dad. Alienation sucks.

This is going to be a big week or month for us production wise. I was able to purchase a lot of broadcast production equipment from the US when I was visiting Jennifer. I can get most electronics about 40% cheaper in the US than here. So I came back with about $7000 worth of lights, mics, and edit systems. The light kit I purchased was 110-220volts, however the bulbs were only 110v. So with as much production as there is here, I figured I could just find replacement 220v bulbs here. My colleague and I have searched all of Dubai for the last two days and haven’t been able to find anything. So we had to scramble (I always have a back up plan) and we rented a light kit from another production company. Its not ideal, but it will get the job done.

So we are going to be shooting for two days with another client both in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Then its heavy into pre-production for Etihad Airlines. My target date to begin shooting is Dec. 5, so we have a lot of work to do. Our deadline for delivery is Jan. 2. Since I haven’t missed a deadline in my career this one makes me a little nervous. We need to secure a camera team out of several bids. We also need to find an animator. The one I had been counting on might take a little longer to get here. So I seldom get stressed out, hardly ever in fact. But I do get a bit uptight and nervous. I get nervous when things are out of my control. I don’t like have an unknown variable in there as well.

I think that works emotionally for me as well. With all the heartache I’ve gone through for the past few years Im strangely immune to the pain. I think that is what the Bible meant about the Peace that passes all understanding. However, when those emotional pains that I face affect my parents, Jennifer, or those I love then it really hurts me as well. Because that is out of my control and I feel partially responsible as well.

Its going to be a very active few weeks for me. As soon as we get finished with Etihad on Jan. 2 we jump straight into the production on a pilot. That one is a big one too. Your prayers…as always are appreciated.

No comments: