Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eid Mubarak

It is officially Eid now. The proper greeting is Eid Mubarak, which is similar to Merry Christmas. There are two Eids, Eid Al Fitr a three day holiday which commemorates the end of Ramadan and Eid Al-Adha which commemorates Abraham’s sacrifice of Ishmael on the altar. Its interesting to note that Jews, Christians and the Bible believe that Abraham attempted to sacrifice Isaac (son from Sarah) while Muslims and the Koran believe that Abraham attempted to sacrifice Ishmael. This is a festive three day holiday. While Dubai is only comprised of 12% Emiratis I think they are all out tonight. Looking out my window, I see a long trail of cars waiting to go onto the Jumeirah Beach Strip. I am going to walk down in a bit with my new roommate Harj as we’ll enjoy the spectacle of hundreds if not thousands of people all walking along the beach front. I posted the video since a picture is worth a thousand words I’ll keep this blog a little shorter tonight.

The weather here right now is absolutely perfect. It should stay this comfortable for another six months. When I went out today, I just thought how nice it was just be standing outside, doing nothing but just soaking in the perfect weather.

Yesterday could have been a very bad day for me professionally. We had a client drop a last minute assignment on us and didn’t give us all the material in order to do it. Instead of reacting, or panicking. I just soaked it all in. I did the only thing I knew to do…and that was Seek God. I kept my routine and kept my devotions. What seemed like a mountain yesterday seemed like a molehill. My situation or challenge didn’t change at all…rather my perspective of it did. That made all the difference.

No comments: