Monday, September 27, 2010

45 min. and a ticket

So something was definitely up the last couple of days. This morning I felt like professionally I got hit in the gut. I think the enemy knew this was coming and was trying to get ready to kick once I went down. Well the good thing is that I was stunned but not knocked over. Today everything is fine. Ive mentioned this before, F.E.A.R.= False Evidence Appearing Real. So it was much ado about nothing really. But I did feel like I passed some sort of test. Plus, the enemy goes after you if you are a threat. So I must be on the right track.

I had a car two weeks ago. I drove it around all of two days before I returned. Yet I just found out I got a ticket. I had the car for 45 minutes when I was on the toll road. Apparently they don’t have policemen give tickets. Instead they take a picture of your car at a marker point and if you pass the second marker point too early they can determine if you were speeding or not. I remember seeing a flash behind me, but I figured it was somebody driving. Apparently if you are an Arab its culturally acceptable to follow on someone’s bumper really close, honk your horn, and flash your brights to say, “Hello friend, would mind if I passed you up, pretty please.” So the fine was $160, ouch. Its just ironic that I’ve only driven for a cumulative four hours on the roads in the UAE and the first hour I get a ticket. Not that I didn’t deserve it.

We have a big day tomorrow with two meetings with important clients. One of the clients is in Abu Dhabi, so I have to rent a car, for $40 so its not that much, and make the 90 mile drive down.

Oh, yeah. I stayed up to watch the Oakland Raider game. The late games come on at 12:00 am here. So remind me not to stay up til 3:30 AM then watch one of the best field goal kickers in the game miss a short 34 yard goal with no time remaining and your team loses by one. Apparently that causes problems when you try to sleep.

Another frustrating thing is that I can’t make any outgoing calls on skype. I can receive incoming calls, but can’t make any outgoing. That is kind of a hassle too. Boy, I sure am full of complaints today.

Sorry if this has been a blah blog lately. I don’t have much of a social life yet. Since I work out of the home office, I only get out once a day for dinner. So Im just not interacting with that many people yet. I know this will change soon.

No comments: