Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just a little jet lag

The jet lag is kicking in a bit. I got home at 3:00 am, unpacked and went to bed at 4am. The good thing is I slept for six straight hours. But Im dragging a bit at points today, so Im not sure if this will be a long blog entry or not.

I had a staff meeting today. I bought the entire staff Texas/Americana T-shirts and memorabilia. They didn’t seem to appreciate as much this time around. Oh they were glad to get their hands on it, but didn’t express a lot of gratitude. Maybe I spoiled them already. They think when Rick leaves he brings us back stuff. Well, if it is not appreciated, its not going to continue.

I got mostly caught up at the office. It didn’t seem like they did much of anything while I was gone. I know when the cat is away the mice will play. So I had a lot of catch up to do. We are in a bit of a financial crisis, and I have to do whatever we can to get us out of it

We have to develop additional revunue streams. The Funniest Person in Bahrain improv contest will certainly help with that. We haver a full cast ready to roll for this event. Im kind of a little nervous to see what the crowd will be like tomorrow. I really have no idea.

Well Im going to cut this short as I can barely keep my eyes open. I’ll write more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Dalal said...

I like your blog posts Rick. I was intrigued by one remark, however. Why were you disappointed by the lack of "a lot of gratitude" from your employees? When we bring a gift, should we expect expressed gratitude, a lot of gratitude? Are we bringing a gift to get that gratitude or for the sake of bringing a gift? Should we ask for "a lot" of gratitude and recognition?

Isa said...

Well said Dalal. Rick Be-a-man!

Rick Beeman said...

You know what...you guys are absolutely right. I shouldn't expect anything. I was doing it to be a blessing. I guess, I just don't want to be taken for granted. I'll work on this.